How many times do I have to say it? Streamzoo is way better than Instagram. Let me start off by saying that I did not get paid to write this post. But I've been a Streamzoo user long enough to say that it is the best photo-sharing service available - not just for Android but also for iOS and the Web.
With the latest update for Android and iOS, Streamzoo is clearly out of Instagram's reach. But what makes Streamzoo the best photo-sharing app for Android and a great alternative to Instagram?
Here are 25 reasons why Streamzoo is better than Instagram.
1. Cover photo. 'Nuf said.
2. Think outside the box. Photos don't need to come in squares with Streamzoo. You can crop your photos using pre-made or custom borders.
5. Mix-and-match. Pair your filters with borders you want. With Instagram, each filter only comes with a specific border.
6. Border colors. Some of the borders in Streamzoo have an extra option for custom colors. There are currently 4 customizable borders with 20 color options.
7. More tilt shift options. Apart from the Circle and Parallel tilt shift on Instagram, Streamzoo gives you two more choices: Rectangle and Ellipse. You also get to adjust the placement and direction of your tilt shift filter!
8. Color adjustments. Adjust the Hue, Saturation, Brightness, and Contrast of your photos. The sliding bar makes it easier to edit your photo. To cancel changes, just click the 'reset' button.
9. Set photo title and description (and edit them later). Instagram only lets you add a caption. If you place tags in there along with a lengthy caption, it looks cluttered. Streamzoo gives you two choices: to place a photo title and/or description.
When uploaded, the description is hidden from plain view so it looks clean.
You have to click the "..." to see the description. You can place the hashtags in there.
10. Set photos to private. Even if you had a public profile, you can set some of your photos to private.
11. Edit title and description of uploaded photos. One of the major problems with Instagram is you can no longer edit captions once photos have been uploaded. If you forgot to say something, misspelled a word or a tag, then you will have to settle for making corrections on the comments section.
Streamzoo, on the other hand, has a handy 'Edit' option that lets you change the photo title, description, and privacy anytime after uploading.
12. Built-in Emoji. In case you didn't notice, Streamzoo has a native Emoji feature. Who says you need an iPhone?
13. Clean UI and easy navigation. On IG, things are cluttered: there's the navigation bar at the bottom and the rest of the options under your profile. The navigation bar on Instagram always gets in the way too. Streamzoo lets you access most of the app's feature in one tab which tucks away neatly in one click. Cool, huh?
14. Activate/deactivate notifications in a snap.
15. Upload photos from almost everywhere in the app. If you check the lower right corner of Streamzoo, you will see a round camera button.
** Hidden Upload photo features **
Take photo. Slide the button towards the right and it will change to "Take photo Express".
Use photo from library. Slide the button towards the right and it will change to "Use photo from library Express".
The Express feature basically lets you upload photos without having to go through the photo-editing features. If you edit photos using third-party apps, this is a good way to go! Once you've used the Express feature, Streamzoo will remember your preference next time you decide to upload a photo.
16. Follow your favorite streams (hashtags). No need to type in your favorite #hashtag if you're looking for something that interests you each and every time. This feature also comes in handy if you created your own hashtag for people to use.
|#ForTheLoveOfBlackAndWhite created by @AnnaBackstrom|
By clicking the "follow" button beside a stream, you can easily follow photos uploaded with that hashtag. Followed streams will appear on your Feed under Streams.
17. View user photos according to the streams (hashtags) they used on their photos. While viewing a user profile, click Options > Streams.
|@naryamie on Streamzoo|
18. No SPAM.
19. Get points for your photos with each like. Once you reach 2,500 points, you will have unlimited Shoutouts. The Shoutout feature lets you share photos to people who follow you, so they can like them too!
20. Get stars for photos that made it to the Popular Wall. If your photo makes it to the Pop Wall, it will sport a star for everyone to see!
|@SatuLehto has a lot of them!|
21. Leaderboard. Aside from the Popular Wall which recognizes photos, the Leaderboard highlights users that got the most number of points on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. There used to be badges but this is the only "gaming" aspect of Streamzoo retained in the latest versions.
22. Send and receive private messages. I've seen a lot of people hook up and make friends at Streamzoo because of this cool feature. For reasons of privacy, only users who follow you can send you a message. This is useful for users with private profiles since they can approve/reject followers.
|@rockdahaus on Streamzoo|
23. Block annoying people. Seriously. You don't need stressful people in your life.
24. Create or join public and private groups. You can view photos uploaded my group members in separate group feeds. This works great if you want to limit your interaction with a close circle of friends.
25. Group chat. Thanks to the latest Streamzoo update, you can now engage in meaningful (or pointless) group chats with members of the same group!
In behalf of the Streamzoo v4.0 beta group, I would like to thank @Fantasticmv (co-founder of Streamzoo),@RamRamkumar (co-founder and CEO of Streamzoo), @abhay , @narx, and the entire SZ team for giving us access to the beta version of Streamzoo for Android (and iOS), as well as in putting hard work in the development of the app.
Personally, I would like to thank @naryamie, @SatuLehto, and @BethHayes in helping me test the beta version of Streamzoo 4.0 for Android, @MicheleNelson for answering my questions, and @rockdahaus whose first name is "Rock" and second name is "Dahaus" lol. Thank you all for cooperating and helping make this blog post possible!